Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Stars and Chaos vs. Mirrors and Memories


He sure took his sweet time getting here. While I waited, I did a bit of siding. If you don't know, siding is when you take cards from your main side and swap them for cards in your side deck. I made a few modifications so that my deck will be able to function well will Saylo as my partner.

He eventually made it.

“Hey numbskull, 'bout time you made it,” I said.
“What's going on here?” he asked.
“We're gonna be having a tag duel,” I informed him. “Against these suckers.”
“We have duel alongside each other?” he asked.
“Yeah, that's right,” I said. “Don't screw me up.”
“Are you two ready to duel?” the old man asked.
“Yes,” I said. “So, how do we decide who goes first?”

A giant roulette appeared on the ground, and started spinning. It landed on Saylo, then disappeared.

“He will go first,” the woman said. “Then I will go, then you, then my partner.”
“Sounds fine to me,” I said. We all got our duel disks ready.

“I start,” Saylo said.”I normal summon Scion Noble Blade.”
A cultist with a glowing sword appeared. It was level 4, with 1800 atk and 300 def.
“Next, I set one card face down and end my turn,” he said.

“Now it's my turn,” the woman said. “I activate Polymerization!”
Great. A fusion summon.
“From my hand, I fuse Lilim Tarvos and Lilim Diona to fusion summon Lilim Pallene!”
Two snake women fused together and a large snake woman with glowing armor and a long sword. It was level 7 with 2800 atk and 1400 def.
“Next, I normal summon Lilim Rhea in attack mode,” she said.
A new snake woman appeared, with 1700 atk and 1300 def.
“Now, I''l have Pallene attack your Noble Blade!” She exclaimed.
“I activate the trap card Vision Shield!” he said. “Now, my Scions can't be destroyed in battle this turn!'
“You'll still take damage,” she said. Our shared life points dropped to 7000. “I set 2 cards face down and end my turn.”

“Time for me to go,” I said. “I summon Azathoth Dragon!”
My dragon appeared on the field.
“Now, I build the overlay network with these two level 4 monsters!” I said. “I xyz summon the Chained Guardian of the Brute!”
An armored man appeared, with his legs bound by chains, and his arms chained to his chest. He had 1800 atk and 2500 def.
“I equip him with the spell card Brutal Warblade!” I said. A sword fell from the sky, and my knight wrestled an arm free to grab it. “My Warblade increases my night's attack power by 800.”
“I activate the effect of Noble Blade,” Saylo said. “Any monster xyz summoned with him gains 300 attack points during during the battle phase.”
“And with that, my knight is just strong enough to take down your fusion monster!” I said. “Chained Guardian, attack!” My monster's attack began.
“I activate the trap card Mirror Force!” she announced. “Now, every attack position monster you control is destroyed!”
“Not if my Noble Blade has anything to say about it!” Saylo said. “A monster that was xyz summoned with him can negate the effect of a trap card two times only, and destroy it!”
Mirror force was destroyed, as was her monster, and she took 100 damage.
“I activate my Warblade's effect,” I said. “Since my Guardian destroyed a monster in battle, I can reduce his attack power by 600 until the end phase to have him attack another monster!”
My monster's atk went down to 2300, and he destroyed her second Lilim. Their life was down to 7300.
“I set a card face down and end my turn,” I said. “And during the end phase, Chained Guardian switched to defense mode.”

“It's my turn now,” the old man said. “I activate the ritual spell, Archive Shadow Of Light,” he said. “Now, I can summon an Archivist ritual monster by offering monster from my field and hand whose levels are equal to or greater than the level of the monster I'm summoning. From my hand, I tribute level 4 Archive Collector Iota and Archive Broker Gamma from my hand to ritual summon Archive Martyr Alpha!”
A man carrying all sorts of weaponry appeared. He was level 7, with 2700 atk and 2000 def. It seems like this guy was using a ritual deck, while his partner was using a fusion deck.
“Next, I normal summon Archivist Analyst Epsilon,” he said.
This one was some kind of a scientist. Level 3 with 1200 atk and 1700 def.
“From my hand, I play the spell card Archive Analyzation,” he said. “Since I control an Archive Analyst, I can draw 2 cards. Now, I'll have my Martyr Alpha attack your Chained Guardian!”
“I activate my Guardian's effect,” I said. “By using one of his overlay units, I can prevent his destruction!”
“I set two cards face down and end my turn,” he said.

“Now I can go again,” Saylo said. “I'll start by switching Chained Guardian to attack mode. Then, I normal summon Neo The Magic Swordsman in attack mode. Now, I'll have Chained Guardian attack your Martyr!”
“I activate the trap card Strength Of Martyrdom,” he said. “This card allows me to have Martyr Alpha gain attack equal to his level times 200 until the end phase. In addition, you can't select monsters other than him as attack targets.”
That brought us down to 5800, but Saylo used Chain Guardian's effect to defend him. Smart play, but we were gonna have to do better.
“I set one card face down and end my turn,” Saylo said. War Champion switched to defense mode.

The lady drew her card and grinned. “Since this is a tag duel, I can use my partner's cards as I please,” she said. “So now I tribute Archive Martyr Alpha and Archive Analyst Epsilon to call forth my Fear, The Dark Reflection, Mother Of Snakes!”
A beautiful snake woman appeared, with her dark black hair flowing down her waist, and her empty eyes staring us down. She had 2700 atk and 2500 def.
“I activate her ability, allowing me to return a trap card from my graveyard to my hand,” she said. There was only one trap in her graveyard; Mirror Force.
“Now, I set one card face down and have my Mother Of Snakes attack your Guardian,” she hissed.
“I activate the trap card Protector Of The Light!” Saylo said. “Now, I can redirect any of your attacks to a Light monster I control, and I choose Neo!”
The attack hit and we took another 1000 damage.
“Also, my trap inflicts the same damage I take to your life points!” he said. They were brought down to 6300.
“I see what you're trying to do,” she said. “You're protecting your xyz monster so you can use Noble Blade's effect to stop my trap cards. But You see, as long as I control Mother Of Snakes, my traps can't be negated. Now, I set my card face down and end my turn.”

“Looks like it's my move,” I said. “I'll start by using Hastur Dragon's effect. By banishing him, I can draw 2 cards.” I drew. “The cards I drew are Last Chance At Victory and Mordiggian Dragon. Since Last Chance is a spell card, I have to discard it. Then, I use Mordiggian Dragon's effect to shuffle him back into the deck and draw 2 cards.”
I looked at what I had drawn. Perfect.
“I normal summon Iod Dragon!” I said. A glowing dragon appeared before me. The only light monster I have. I had placed it in my deck before the duel began, knowing it would help with our duel. It was level 4 with 1500 atk and 1400 def.
“Next, since my opponent controls a normal summoned monster with 2500 or more attack points, I can bring out this sweet guy,” I said. “By using Chained Guardian of The Brute as an overlay unit, I xyz summon Chaotic Death Blade Of The Brute!”
A knight with heavy black and red armor, a pair of dragon like wings, and a really bad ass sword appeared. He had 3000 atk and 0 def, and had one overlay unit. I had a great combo going.
“I activate Death Blade's effect!” I said. “By using his overlay unit, I can have him gain 1000 attack points. And as an added bonus, I can negate your monster's effect this turn. Now, I have him attack your Fear card!”
“I activate the trap card mirror force!” she said.
“I use the quickplay spell card Hyper Dragon Scale!” I said. “With this card, I can protect Iod Dragon from being destroyed!”
“So what!?” she demanded. “Protecting that weak monster won't do you any good! Your xyz monster will still be destroyed!”
“That's exactly what I want,” I told her. “Hyper Dragon Scale has another effect. Since another of my monsters was destroyed, Iod Dragon gains its attack power until the end phase, adding up to 5500! Now, attack!”
The perfect strategy. My monster had super high attack power, and her Fear's effects were negated, robbing it of its invincibility. My plan was great! But then the old guy had to ruin it...
“I activate the trap card Fear deflection!” he said. “Now, I can negate an attack directed at a Fear we control, and end the battle phase!.
Shit. That had to happen.
“I set 2 cards face down and end my turn,” I said.

“My turn,” the old guy said. “It's here.”
“I activate the trap card Lilim Mirror Path,” the woman said. “At the cost of 1000 life points, I can summon 2 level 4 or lower Lilim monsters from my graveyard. Come back, Lilim Tarvos and Diona!”
2 snake women appeared, both level 4, one with 1500 atk and 1300 def, and the other with 1600 atk and def.
“Now, by tributing these two monsters, I call forth Memory Collector, The Blind Man!” he said.
There he was. The old coot. Seemingly harmless, but deadlier than you could imagine. He had 2400 atk and 2800 def.
“The Blind Man can negate the effects of every non-Fear monster in play,” he said. “No, attack his worthless dragon!”
“I activate Dark Armor Of The Underworld!” I said. “I discard a card, and reduce my dragon's power by 500, and now he can't be destroyed in battle this turn!” I didn't care what it took, I had to protect Iod Dragon.
The Blind Man's attack hit, and we took 1400 damage. He attacked again with the Mother Of Snakes for 1700 damage.
“I end my turn,” the old man said.

“I'll go,” Saylo said.
“Use Iod Dragon however you need to,” I said.
“Okay,” Saylo said, looking closely at his hand. “I activate Scion Gift! Since the only monster we control is a light monster, I can pay 1000 life points and draw 2 cards.”
He was chipping away with what we had left, but I couldn't blame him. It was a desperate situation.
“I activate Scion Star! Now, by discarding the Starlight Warlock in my hand, I can special summon Scion Gun Mage from my deck!”
A man in a black poncho, slinging around a pair of glowing guns, appeared.
“Gun Mage can inflict 300 damage each end phase,” he said.
“That doesn't matter,” the old guy said. “Blind Man negates the effects of all your monsters.
“Not all of them,” Saylo said. I discard a card to activate the spell card Scion Initiation! If I control a Scion card and one other light monster, that monster's name can be treated as Scion Initiate, and its level and attack power become the same as my Scion.”
Both the monsters were now level 7, with 2400 atk. But I already knew he was planning something other that attack.
“I build the overlay network with these two Scion cards!” he said. “Now, I xyz summon my Scion Star Mage!”
It was here, and things were finally going right.
“What's the point?” the old guy asked. “You monster's effect is negated.
“No, it's not,” Saylo said. “Scion Star Mage's effect can't be cancelled.”
“What!?” he gasped.
“Now, I activate the spell card Starlight Life!” he said. “During my first main phase, I can use this card to reduce the attack of a light monster I control to zero, and gain the same amount of life points.”
Scion Star Mage has 2500 atk, so we were brought up to 3200.
“If you don't mind, I might be able to add to this combo,” I said.
“Go for it,” Saylo said.
“I activate the trap card Reckless Greed,” I said. “I skip my next 2 draw phases, but in return I can draw 2 cards now!” I drew. 2 monsters. Just what I needed. “Next, I activate the trap card Overlay Mirage!” I said. “At the cost of 2000 life points, I can attach 2 monsters in my hand to an xyz monster we control as overlay units. From my hand, I attack C'thalpa Dragon and Cthulhu Dragon to Scion Star Mage!”
“Four Overlay Units?” the lady gasped.
“That's right,” Saylo said. “Now, by detaching 2 overlay units, I can have my Star Mage destroy a monster you control and deal damage to your life points equal to its attack power. Now, destroy the Mother Of Snakes!”
The blast was so powerful that the woman was knocked over as their life points dropped to 2400.
“Would you care to do the honors?” Saylo asked me.
“Don't mind if I do!” I said. “I detach Scion Star Mage's remaining overlay units to wipe out the Blind Man, and the rest of your life points!”

that was the end of it. We one. I'm not gonna explain what happened after. Saylo said he'd post it on his blog later. I'll link to his blog at the bottom of this post.

I will tell you one thing; The old coot's card is mine now. I am in possession of 3 Fears, and so much closer to regaining the Brute.


No comments:

Post a Comment