Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cthulhu vs. The Brute


It seems the other competitors have been frozen for some time. The Tale Weaver must have paused the challenges. For some reason, Saylo and I weren't affected. Perhaps, he decided not to freeze us, or maybe we're simply immune due to the nature of our existence.

I managed to fulfill my goal. I angered some of the Tale Weavers minions. They attacked me. I activated my Axe Of Despair and fought back, killing them all and angering them further. It wasn't long before the rage I've been accumulating took form.

“I summon the Red Eyes Black Dragon!” A voice said. A large black dragon appeared, burning through the minions with its wicked fire.

I turned to confront the newcomer. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was me! I was looking at myself, wearing the same clothing and duel disk from the Game Master's tournament.

“What's going on here!?” I demanded.
“I'm here to duel you,” the other me said. “If you win, you will regain the power of the Brute card.”
“are you the real Gordon?” I asked.
“Excuse me?” he asked.
“What became of Gordon Tayler's body after he was struck own by David Kallaway!?” I demanded. “Are you him!? Are you the real Gordon!?”
“No,” he said. “I am a replica, sent by the Blind Man to test you.”
“Damn that old coot!” I said under my breathe. “He'll pay. After I destroy you and settle my score with Saylo, I'll give him a piece of my mind. It's bad enough he's been leaving me in the dark about the real Gordon's location, but now he has to taunt me like this?”
“Shut up!” the other me snapped. “It's time for us to duel.”

His duel disk was consumed in dark fire, and it transformed into his own duel runner. I summoned my own duel runner.

There was no track. We'd be driving through the city streets.

We took off. I sped up, trying my best to get the first turn, but he was able to round the first corner before me.

“I go first!” he said. “I'll start by summoning Armageddon Knight in attack mode! Then, I use his effect to send Axe Dragonute from my deck to the graveyard!”
Figures. He was using the deck I Gordon used during the last tournament.
“Next, I set one card face down and end my turn!” he said.

It was time to show this bitch what my new deck could do.
“I draw!” I announced. We both gained a speed counter. “I summon Yig Dragon in attack mode! Then, with his effect, I special summon Tulzcha Dragon from my hand!”
“I activate the trap card Triggered Summon!” he said. “Since you special summoned a monster, I can special summon one of my own monsters from my hand! Come on out, Alexandrite Dragon!”
Great. He had a 2000 attack point monster out. I looked at my hand real quick. I had just the strategy for this guy.
“I build the overlay network with these 2 level 4 monsters!” I said. “Now, I xyz summon Harold, Smoke Lord Of The Brute!”
A young man appeared, holding a sword. He didn't look too tough, with only 1800 attack and 1700 defense, but the Brute's aura was surrounding him, and his effect would be really useful later.
“I have my Smoke Lord attack your Armageddon Knight!” I said.
His knight was destroyed, and he was brought down to 7600 life points.
“I set one card face down and end my turn,” I said.

His next turn was delayed a bit because we had to dodge our way through some traffic at that point. This duel was more dangerous then my last riding duel.

“I draw,” he said. 2 speed counters each. “I normal summon Red Eyes Black Chick!”
Well fuck. That wasn't good. It's not a tough card, but it was dangerous.
“I use my Chicks effect!” he said. “By offering it as a tribute, I special summon Red Eyes Black Dragon from my hand!”
The colossal dragon appeared in the sky, with its 2400 attack points.
“I attack with Alexandrite Dragon!” he announced.
“I activate the trap card Negate Attack!” I said. “Now, your battle phase ends!”
“I end my turn,” he said.

“Now it's my turn!” I said, weaving around a street sign. We were now at 3 counters each. “I summon Iod Dragon in attack mode!”
The glowing dragon appeared, and my strategy was complete.
“As long as I control this monster, any damage I take from direct attacks become 0,” I said.
“Well, what use is that?” he said. “If you control monsters, I can't attack directly, unless I use a card effect that says I can. And as we both know, this deck doesn't have any of those.”
“Don't underestimate my monsters,” I said. “I activate Harold's effect. Since all the monsters you control have higher attack than his, I can detach one of his overlay units to have him attack directly!”
My monster transformed into smoke and glided past his monsters, then reformed and struck with his sword. His life went down to 5800.
“I end my turn,” I said.

“Now I can go!” he said. We now had 4 speed counters each. “I activate Speed Spell- Speed Fusion! Since I have 4 or more speed counters, I can perform a fusion summon!”
shit.
“I fuse the Red Eyes on my field with the Meteor Dragon from my hand to call forth my Meteor Black Dragon!”
A giant flaming dragon with 3500 attack points appeared.
“I have my dragon attack yours!” he said.
“'Fraid not,” I said. “Iod Dragon can't be selected as an attack target if I control an xyz monster!”
“Very well,” he said. “Meteor Black Dragon, attack his Smoke Lord!”
“I activate Smoke Lord's effect!” I said. “When he's selected as an attack target, I can make it into a direct attack.”
My monster became smoke, and the stream of fire the Meteor Black Dragon fired passed straight through it and went to me.
“I use Iod Dragon's effect to make the damage 0!” I said. A shield of light appeared and protected me.”
“A clever strategy,” the other me said. “I end my turn.”

“My move,” I said. We now had 5 counters each. “I summon Aphoom-Zhah Dragon in attack mode!”
A gray dragon made of flames appeared.
“I use my Smoke Lord's effect again!” I said. “Attack him directly!”
He was brought down to 4000.
“Now, I have Aphoom-Zhah Dragon attack your Meteor Black Dragon!” I said.
My monster's power was 1600, so I took 1900 damage, leaving me with 6100.
“Why isn't your monster destroyed?” he asked.
“Aphoom-Zhah can't be destroyed in battle on turn it's summoned,” I said. “Also, take a look.”
Gray flame surrounded his Meteor Black Dragon, chilling it to the bone and encasing it in ice.
“What did you do!?” he said angrily.
“Aphoom-Zhah Dragon's effect,” I said. “When he battles a monster, that monster can't attack or change it's battle position until my next end phase.”
“Damn it!” he said.
“I set a card and end my turn!” I said.

“Time to teach you a lesson,” the other me hissed. We were both up to 6 speed counters. “I activate Speed Spell- Wicked Wings!”
His Alexandrite Dragon's wings were surrounded in darkness.
“Since I have six speed counters, one of my monsters gains 1000 attack points!” He said. “Also, any monster it battles has its effect canceled out! Now, attack his Smoke Lord!”
Great. He managed to break my combo by negated Smoke Lords effect. My monster was destroyed and I was reduced to 4900.
“The monster effected by Wicked Wings is destroyed during the end phase,” he said. “I end my turn.”

“Okay,” I said. 7 counters. “I summon Juk-Shabb Dragon in attack mode, then I build an overlay network with these three dragons!”
Darkness filled the air as my Evil Deity King emerged.
“Say hello to the Evil Deity King, Cthulhu God Dragon!” I said. “Now, I'll use his effect, allowing me to detach an overlay unit and discard a card to draw one card from my deck!”
The card I drew was a trap, so he didn't gain his power bonus. But that was okay.
“I activate Speed Spell- Speed Energy,” I said. “Now, my monster gains 200 attack points for each of my speed counters, bringing him up to 4400! Now, attack!”
He was brought down to 3100.
“I set 2 cards face down and end my turn,” I said.

“My turn,” he said. 8 counters. “I activate Speed Spell- Angel Baton. Now, I discard a card and draw 2 cards. Next, I banish fire attribute Meteor Dragon and the Flamvell Grunika I just discarded, along with my dark Axe Dragonute and Armageddon Knight, to call forth the Burning Shadow Dragon!
It was here. Time to pit these monsters against each other.
“I banish Meteor Black Dragon from my graveyard to have Burning Shadow Dragon gain 1000 attack points!” he said. “Now, attack!”
“I activate the continuous trap card Spellbinding Circle!” I said. “Now, your monster can't attack.”
“I set one card,” he said. “Then, I pay 7 speed counters to draw a card. Then I end my turn.”

“My turn,” I said. I was at 9, he was at 2. “I activate Evil Deity King's effect!” I said. The new card was C'thalpa Dragon. Prefect. “Since I drew a dragon-type monster, Cthulhu God Dragon gains 500 attack points!” I said. “Now, attack!”
His dragon was destroyed, and he was brought down to 2600.
“Now, I use the trap card Disappear to banish Burning Shadow Dragon from your graveyard!” I said.
“I activate Dark Bribe!” he said. “Now, your card is negated, and you can draw a card.”
The card I drew was Xyz Reborn. I set it face down and ended my turn. I was hoping I could get rid of his dragon so that he couldn't summon the Brute with it. Oh well.

“My turn,” he said. He was at 3 and I was at 10. “I activate Speed Spell- Speed Vacuum! Now, we both lose 3 speed counters!”
Damn it. My next plan involved using Speed World 2's effect to destroy the Brute by removing 10 counters. That wasn't an option anymore.
“Now, by banishing Burning Shadow Dragon from my graveyard, I can call forth the Chaotic War Dragon Brute!”
Just the move I was expecting. I was in trouble.
“During my battle phase, the Brute gains 500 attack for each of my banished monsters, bringing it up to 6500,” he said. “Now, destroy his dragon!”
The attack hit. I was down to 2400. I would be dead soon if I didn't do something.
“I end my turn,” he said. The Brute's attack returned to 3500.

“Better make this count,” I said. I was now at 7 counters, and he was at 1. “I activate Speed Spell- Doomed Souls! If I have 6 or more speed counters, I can summon 2 doomed tokens to your side of the field.”
2 phantom like beings appeared. They were level 1, with 0 attack and defense.
“Those tokens are summoned in defense mode, but if they get destroyed, you lose 1000 life points,” I said.
“You think that'll help?” he asked. “As long as the Brute is in play, you can't attack monsters other than him.”
“I don't think you understand my plan,” I said. “I activate one my face down cards, Xyz Reborn! Now, I can bring back Cthulhu Gos Dragon, and attach Xyz Reborn to him as an overlay unit!”
My dragon appeared, but it wasn't enough.
“I remove 7 speed counters to draw a card!” I said. I drew. It was Speed Spell- Synchro Defuse. Not what I needed. “Now, I use Cthulhu God Dragon's effect! I use his only xyz material to discard the card I just drew and draw a new one!”
It was Cthulhu Dragon. Perfect.
“The card I drew was Cthulhu Dragon,” I said.
“That won't help!” he said. “Our monsters may have the same attack now, but the Brute can only be defeated by another Fear!”
“I wasn't drawing for the power boost,” I said. “I just needed another monster! I activate the trap card Overlay Mirage! Now, by paying 2000 life points, I can attach Cthulhu Dragon and C'thalpa Dragon from my hand to my Cthulhu God Dragon as overlay units!”
“What good will more units do?” he asked.
“It's simple, really,” I said. “Since your life is greater than mine by 2000 or more, I can xyz summon a new monster, using my Evil Deity King, along with all the units attached to him as overlay units!”
My dragon soared into the sky, and a portal of darkness appeared. A lane of darkness appeared before me. I drove on it, and it led me up into the sky, twisting around and around, up to the portal. I entered the darkness. My hatred, rage, and darkness became stronger, as Cthulhu's power filled me.
I reappeared in the air above the other me, and stuck my landing right next to him. My colossal fiend appeared as well.
“What is that thing?” the other me asked, terrified.
“This is the Ultimate Evil Deity, Chaos God Cthulhu!” I announced. “Not only is his attack power the same as the Brute's, but he can negate the effects of any monster he battles, which means the Brute will be robbed of its invincibility!”
“What?” he asked.
“That's right!” I said. “Also, he has a few other tricks. I can remove a number of his overlay units, up to the number of monsters you control. You control 3 monsters, so I can detach all 3 of his overlay units! And for each one removed, he gains 1000 attack points! Now, end this!”

My monster brought his fist down, right on the Brute's head. The dragon fell on top of the other me, crushing him.

I had done it. I'd won. And what's more, I've reclaimed the Brute's power.

And yes, I reawakened the Brute by making people angry and absorbing their rage. Saylo isn't reawakening the Vision in the same way. He has to do something else. He's close, too. I didn't tell him what he has to do, though. That would be too easy.

Hey, Saylo! If your reading this, you might wanna hurry up and figure it out! I already have my ultimate Fear card, and I'm itching for our rematch!

No comments:

Post a Comment