Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Gods Of Chaos Vs. The Intrusion


I entered a domed area, with intricate symbols carved into the walls. My first challenger was waiting there for me. He appeared as a cloud of letters and words, but then shifted into the form of a man.

“Are you ready for your first duel?” he asked.
“I'm always ready,” I said.
“I hope you realize that this duel will be a bit different,” he said. “Each of your challenges will have a unique twist. You see the field we are in right now will have an effect on the duel. As long as we duel within the Summoner's Dome, each player can normal summon or set up to twice per turn, but if you go a turn without normal summoning at least once, you'll take 1000 points of damage during the end phase.”
“I can deal with that,” I told him. “Just get a move on already.”

“I'll take the first turn!” he said. “Since I can normal summon twice with the field's effect, I summon Intrusion Grasshopper and Intrusion Millipede in attack mode!”
2 giant bugs appeared on his side of the field. The grasshopper was level 1 with 0 attack and 500 defense, and the millipede was level 1 with 1000 attack and 200 defense.
“I activate the effect of Intrusion Grasshopper!” he said. By reducing Millipede's attack and defense to 0, I can give control of it to my opponent.”
He removed the millipede from his duel disk and tossed it over to me. I was confused as to why he would give me his card, but after reading its effect, I understood perfectly. The controller of Intrusion Millipede can't normal summon monsters except for Intrusion cards. A clever strategy. He duels me in a field where I'll take damage if I don't summon monsters, then he locks off my ability to summon. Plus, he reduced its power to zero, so I can't attack with it.
“I set one card face down and end my turn!” he said.

“Alright then,” I said, drawing. I couldn't normal summon anything, but special summoning was still and option. Plus, I still had some other tricks up my sleeve. “I activate the field spell card R'lyeh!”
The arena changed. We were on a sunken island surrounded by a bubble of air.
“What is this place!?” the man demanded.
“This is R'lyeh, the prison of Cthulhu,” I said. “And since a new field spell card has been activated, the effect of summoner's dome is null and void.”
“Impossible!” he gasped.
“Oh, it's very possible,” I said. “Next, I use the effect of Hastur Dragon in my hand! By banishing him, I can draw 2 cards.” I drew. “I now have to discard any cards I drew that aren't dragon type monsters,” I said. “I drew one spell card, so I have to discard it. Next, I use R'lyeh's effect. I banish the Aphoom-Zhah dragon from my hand to increase Intrusion Millipede’s attack power by 1000 until the end phase!”
“Shit!” he exclaimed.
“Don't go thinking I'm finished yet!” I said to him. “I activate the spell card Dimensional Overlay! With this card, I can special summon an xyz monster by using 2 banished cards as overlay units. And the best part is, I can ignore any summoning conditions, provided the banished monsters have a level equal to the rank of my xyz monster! So now I'll overlay Hastur Dragon and Aphoom-Zhah Dragon to xyz summon Evil Deity King- Cthulhu God Dragon!”
It appeared before me, towering over the other guy (you know, come to think of it, I have not clue what his name was). Normally, Cthulhu God Dragon would require 3 materials, but Dimensional Overlay allowed me to overlook that rule.
“Next, by paying 700 life points, I can special summon Cthuga Dragon to the field,” I said. “Now, I'll have Intrusion Millipede attack Intrusion Grasshopper.”
The attack hit and he lost 1000 life points.
“I activate the trap card Intrusion Swarm!” the man said. “Since an Intrusion card was just sent to the graveyard, I can special summon 2 level 1 Intrusion cards from my deck. I special summon Intrusion Widow and Intrusion Wasp in defense mode!”
A wasp and a spider appeared. The spider had 100 attack and defense, and the wasp had 500 attack and 300 defense.
“I end my turn,” I said. The Intrusion cards were fears, so I couldn't destroy them with my dragons.

“In that case, I'll go,” he said. “I'll start by activating the effect of Intrusion Wasp, allowing me to inflict 300 damage to your life points!”
My life points dropped to 7000. We were even now.
“Next, I use Intrusion Widow's effect,” he announced. “Now I can reduce the attack power of 1 monster on the field by 500 until the end phase. I'll use that effect on your Cthuga Dragon. Then, I activate the spell card Where Arf Thou?! If I control a level 1 monster, I can add a level 1 monster from my deck to my hand, but if I don't summon it this turn I'll lose 2000 life points. I'll use this effect to add Intrusion Moth to my hand. Next, I summon Intrusion Moth in attack mode, and by using its effect, I can destroy any Intrusion card in play to special summon an Intrusion card from my hand. I'll destroy Intrusion Millipede and special summon Intrusion Black Jacket!”
A giant wasp with jet black chitinous armor appeared. It was level 7 with 2300 attack and 1500.
“I activate the effect of Black Jacket,” he said. “At the cost of 1000 life points, I can target an xyz monster on the field, and send all its overlay units to the graveyard!”
The overlay units attached to my Dragon vanished. That normally wouldn't be too big of a deal, if it weren't for the fact that Dimensional Overlay comes with a bit of a drawback; If the monster I summon with it has no overlay units, it gets banished immediately. So my Evil Deity Dragon was now removed from play.
“Next, I build an overlay network with Moth, Widow, and Wasp,” he announced. “By overlaying these 3 level 1 monsters, I can xyz summon Intrusion Stag Beetle!”
His xyz monster had 900 attack points and 1000 defense.
“I use Stag Beetles effect,” he said. “Once per turn I can use one of its Overlay Units to have and Intrusion monster I control gain 700 attack points. I'll use that effect to power up my Black Jacket.”
His monster was powered up to 3000 attack points.
“Now, I'll use my Black Jacket to attack your Cthuga Dragon!” he said. My dragon was destroyed and I lost 2100 life points. “Then, I have my Stag Beetle attack directly!” Another 900 damage. I was down to 4000. “I end my turn,” he said.

“Finally,” I said, drawing. “I activate the effect of R'lyeh. During my standby phase, If I have no monsters in play, I can return a banished card to my graveyard to draw one card. Next, I activate the spell card Darkfire Blast! Now, I send the dark attribute Crawling Chaos Dragon and the fire attribute Juk-Shabb Dragon from my deck to the graveyard to deal you 1000 damage.”
He was hit with the powerful fireball and his life dropped to 5000. He was getting mad at me. Just like I wanted.
“Next, I banish the dark attribute Crawling Chaos Dragon and Evil Deity King- Cthulhu God Dragon, along with the fire attribute Juk-Shabb Dragon and Cthuga Dragon to special summon Burning Shadow Dragon!” I said. My strongest monster appeared before me. “Next, I banish the fire attribute Aphoom-Zhah Dragon to increase his attack by 1000 until the end phase. Now, attack his Stag Beetle!”
I couldn't destroy his monster, but he did lose 3100 life points, which really pissed him off. I don't think he realized how much his anger empowers me.
“I set two cards face down and end my turn,” I said.

“My turn!” he said, drawing his card in an angry fashion. “I remove another of my Beetles overlay units to power up Black Jacket to 3700! Now, crush his Dragon!”
“I activate Negate attack!” I said. “This card immediately ends your battle phase!”
“I activate another of Black Jacket's effects!” he said. “Since its attack was negated, you take 1000 points of damage. Then I switch my Stag Beetle to defense mode and end my turn.”

“I draw,” I said. “I activate Reliving Chaos. With this spell card, I can add a banished monster to my hand. I'll use this effect on Juk-Shabb Dragon. Then, I normal summon him to the field and use his effect. By offering him as a tribute, I can inflict 1000 damage to your life points!”
He was getting madder. Just as planned.
“Now, I switch Burning Shadow Dragon to defense mode and end my turn,” I said. Unfortunately, I can't perform my battle phase the turn I activate Reliving Chaos.

“Time to make you suffer!” he said. “I activate Stag Beetle's effect for the last time, raising Black Jacket to 4400! Next, if my life points are less than 1000, I can xyz summon my Intrusion Hyper Scorpion using my Stag Beetle as an Overlay Unit.”
A giant scorpion appeared, with 2000 attack and 700 defense.
“I now attack your dragon with Black Jacket, destroying it!” he said. My last line of defense was gone. I was wide open. “I attack directly with my Hyper Scorpion!”
I took the hit and lost 2000 life points.
“Now, I use Hyper Scorpion's effect!” he announced. “When you take damage from a battle involving him, I can detach an overlay unit to deal you another 800 points of damage!”
I was almost defeated. He had brought me down to 200 life.
“I end my turn,” he said.

“My turn!” I said. “I activate R'lyeh's effect, so by returning Evil Deity King to my graveyard, I can draw another card. Next, I activate the spell card Last Chance At Victory! If my life points are less then 1000 and I control no monsters, I can draw 2 cards! Then, I use the trap card Return From The Different Dimension! By paying half of my life points, I can special summon as monsters as I can that half been removed form play. Now, I summon Crawling Chaos Dragon, Aphoom-Zhah Dragon, and Cthuga Dragon in attack mode.”
“What good will those weak monsters do?” he asked. “They're not even strong enough to beat my Scorpion, and even if they were, My Scorpion can't be attacked if I control another Intrusion card.”
“Then I'll just have to do something about that, won't I?” I said. “I activate the spell card Star Changer! Now I can reduce Aphoom-Zhah Dragon's level by 1. Now, I tune level 1 Crawling Chaos Dragon to my level 4 Cthuga Dragon and my level 3 Aphoom-Zhah Dragon to synchro summon my level 8 Nyarlathotep Dragon!”
A dragon of immense power appeared. Its body was jet black, and was covered in fangs and eyes. It had 2800 attack and defense.
“Now, I use R'lyeh's effect! By banishing Azathoth Dragon from my hand, I can have Nyarlathotep Dragon gain 1000 attack points until the end of the turn.”
“It won't matter!” he said. “It's still not strong enough to defeat my Black Jacket!
“I'm not planning to attack Black Jacket!” I said.
“What do you mean?” he demanded.
“Once per turn, by discarding a card, I can have Nyarlathotep Dragon destroy one face up monster you control!” I said. “So I'll use this effect to wipe out your Intrusion Black Jacket. And with that monster out of the way, your Scorpion is fair game! Attack!”

He lost. I saw rage and hatred fill his face as he faded away. I accumulated a lot of anger during that fight. At this rate, I'll be able to reawaken its power in no time. The duelist left behind his Intrusion Black Jacket. I guess that's my reward for winning a duel. Are you listening old coot? I'm doing good, and as soon as I complete my challenges, I'll show you that I'm a much better duelist than that clown Saylo!

No comments:

Post a Comment